You have questions?
We have the answers.
We appreciate that you are interested in Semantic Web technologies and PoolParty Semantic Suite in particular. Here we have a collection of most frequently asked questions.
Which PoolParty server is right for me?
- The PoolParty Basic Server is perfectly suited for building and finetuning taxonomies with a low to medium level of scope and complexity.
- If you need to manage numerous taxonomies and want to develop towards a sophisticated knowledge graph by linking data sources, the PoolParty Advanced Server will be the right fit for you.
- In many cases, PoolParty Enterprise Server will be the right choice when you develop a semantic technology project that requires entity extraction and has strategic implications on your content and search performance.
- If you want to consolidate and process a large amount of unstructured and structured information together with heterogeneous metadata systems in a high-performance scenario, the PoolParty Semantic Integrator offers sophisticated solutions.
What is an average project duration?
It depends on your project and how experienced your internal experts are. PoolParty Semantic Suite is easy to learn, but requires long-term dedication. You can start building a taxonomy within a day.
Why should we implement PoolParty?
- PoolParty is one of the most developed semantic technology suites on the market.
- PoolParty technology is W3C standard-based and future-proof.
- The software is easy to use for developers and end-users such as information architects and content strategists.
- Thanks to an attractive modular pricing model, PoolParty can be used by SMEs or large enterprises.
Who is the company behind PoolParty Semantic Suite?
PoolParty is a semantic technology platform developed, owned and licensed by the Semantic Web Company. The company is also involved in international R&D projects, which continuously impact its product development. The Austrian-based company has been a pioneer in the semantic web for over a decade.
Can I go for a test drive of PoolParty before I buy it?
Sure, you can test all the components of PoolParty platform before you integrate it with your systems. We provide a demo server of PoolParty Thesaurus Server, just apply for a test account. We have several online-demos of PoolParty Extractor, PoolParty Search and PoolParty PowerTagging. We can also organize a phone call or a LiveMeeting to talk about a PoC we can set up for you. Therefore we provide our own cloud infrastructure to pilot your use cases. Let us know if you have applications in your mind which you would like to specify together with us!
What makes graph databases superior to traditional databases?
We have collected some of the most important advantages graph-based data models and graph databases have, in particular those of RDF graphs and its corresponding query language SPARQL. Read more…
Why is the product named PoolParty?
There is an official and a personal explanation. We are happy to share both stories with you in our first personal conversation.